Sunday, April 5, 2020

Review: Artdeco Cosmetics


I hope everyone is safe and enjoying quality time at home. This is the longest due review, but here are my honest thoughts on the Artdeco products which I got from Artdeco Pakistan long ago. Honestly, it was an overwhelming package I ever got in Pakistan for which I am very thankful. I still remember how famous the artdeco eye shadow was when I was a kid.



MOST WANTED CONTOURING PALETTE



Powder Palette for Contouring + Strobing + Blush
The limited Most Wanted Contouring Palette contains 6 wonderfully soft powders used for contouring, strobing and as a blush. Best of all: The palette contains a darker contouring powder in three harmonic color gradients. The possibilities are endless to easily achieve the latest make-up trends and make your face and complexion pop. It is suitable for sensitive skin and does not contain any artificial fragrance.
This palette came in cardboard packaging and have a nice size mirror inside it. I personally like the magnetic packaging of this.
The palette contains six warm tone shades. You get basically 1 blush, 1 highlighter, 1 setting powder, and 3 contours.

highlight: it is a matte yellow color powder which is mostly used to brightening the under-eye area or any dull area, I use it as setting powder mostly. the powder is smooth, blends easily and does not have much coverage and looks gorgeous.
Blush: it is warm tone blush which has a golden fine shimmer to it with an orange peachy base to it l which looks gorgeous on most skin tones but if you have texture skin/ pores it’s better to avoid this kind of blushers. I use it mostly as an eye shadow or as a blush topper sometimes. The formulation is pretty nice overall.
Strobing: this one is a finely milled shimmery white/ silvery highlighter which is more on a subtle side but I’m still not a fan of the shade, the formulation itself is gorgeous and soft which blends beautifully.
Contour 1: it is a beautiful matte bronzer shade which is more on the neutral side.
Contour 2: this is the warm tone orangish bronzer which I usually use a blush as well.
Contour 3: this is the darker matte contour which has a warm undertone to it so I avoid using it for contouring as i love neutral or cool tone contours mostly. I use this one mostly as an eye shadow. It is the most pigmented one in this palette.







Overall the formulation of the palette is amazing and makes me want to try more of their powders but overall warm tone palette is not a complete contouring palette for me even though I am a warm tone person. I feel like highlighter should be more o the warm tone side and so is the 1 cool tone contour should have been added. It’s my personal opinion and preferences but the formulation is great.


ARTDECO PERFECT MAT LIPSTICK



Matte finish and rich color meet optimal wearing comfort - Perfect Mat Lipstick in a trendy matte finish is the ultimate lipstick for irresistibly kissable lips.
The packaging of the mat lipstick is sleek and sturdy. They feel heavy and branded. The packaging is not plastic, I am not sure if it is metal or something else. I got the shade 155 pink candy and 125 marakesh red. I have seen 24 shades on their official website for now which are not a small number of colors to choose from. These smell like vanilla and honestly, I am kind of picky when it comes to choosing lipsticks as many matte lipsticks dry out my lips but the formulation of this is smooth, creamy, highly pigmented, you get the even application which is hard when it comes to light or dark colors and I got both and they work perfectly fine.

125 Marakesh Red: it is a beautiful dark red shade that looks absolutely gorgeous on most of the skin types.
155 Pink Candy: it seems so much pink on the site but overall it is a subtle pink when applied lightly, it can look too much for some skin tones but I personally like to apply it light-handed which looks great, even though I am not a fan of pink.







I absolutely admire the formulation of these lipsticks especially and will definitely recommend the marakesh red to everyone.

ARTDECO LONG-LASTING FOUNDATION OIL-FREE




The oil-free Long-lasting Foundation gives every skin type a natural mat, even complexion for a long time. The light liquid make-up offers a medium opacity, can be applied evenly and does not darken on the skin. Oil-absorbing elements reduce shiny skin areas. The pores are visually refined. Hyaluronic acid adds essential moisture. Vitamin E counteracts free radicals and dehydration. Clinically tested.
This foundation came in plastic packaging which is amazing to travel with, the packaging overall is sturdy and sleek. This foundation came in 12 shades for now. You get the 30ml foundation. I got the shade 03 - Vanilla Beige, which is pink tone shade. The consistency of this foundation is pretty thick and you get the light to medium coverage. If you have dry skin, this is not for you like don’t even dare because it is going to show all the dry patches and will make your skin crusty. 







I have love-hate relationship with this foundation as it is something I will reach for in summer but sadly the coverage and the shade don’t match much but if you are looking for a nice matte finish foundation which does not have much coverage, I hope you will like it.

ARTDECO CAMOUFLAGE CREAM



Camouflage Cream covers flaws in the skin perfectly and reliably and is ideal for special occasions, like photographic- or bridal make-up. All colors can be mixed with each other which means the skin color can be matched exactly. The Camouflage Cream is also an ideal long-term make-up and lasts well even if the surrounding temperature is high. The cover can be light or heavy - depending on the amount applied and gets waterproof after fixing powder has been applied. It is very practical because Camouflage Creams are available separately, can be combined individually in the refillable magnetic box and those that have been used up can be replaced.
So they have this whole camouflage line and they send this camouflage cream which I basically use as concealer and dang! It is my favorite as it blends easily, has a nice medium to full coverage and does not look cakey. This came in compact packaging, easy to travel with but it is not really hygienic.





The camouflage cream came in 17 shades I got the shade 22 desert rose which is perfect for concealing the dark circles and to hide the dark spots. It last throughout the whole day if set with the powder. It is amazing and it is my favorite of all the products. This is something that I will highly recommend and will repurchase myself as well.

ARTDECO MINERAL COMPACT POWDER




The Mineral Compact Powder contains a premium sea mineral complex, rich in calcium and trace elements. This mineral complex includes an extraordinary net structure that has protective agencies. The powder gives an even complexion and improves the durability of the make-up. Shiny skin is matted. The opacity varies with multiple applications and does not become darker after having been applied. Suitable for all skin types. It contains vitamin E and panthenol. Fragrance-free. Refillable with Mineral Compact Powder Refill.










This Powder comes in absolutely beautiful refill pact which is sleek and compact at the same time. It is available in 4 shade which is a bummer and I got the shade 10 Basic beige and sadly it is a weird shade for me, it is a little dark and pink and makes me look sick for some reason. The formulation of this powder itself is not bad so I will try to get the lightest shade once I am done with this one.


ARTDECO SKIN PERFECTING MAKE-UP BASE



The Skin Perfecting Makeup Base has an ultra-light, gel texture that goes onto the skin like a delicate silk veil. It creates an ideal foundation for long-lasting makeup. The mattifying, serum-like texture with special polymers smoothes the complexion, enhancing it's appearance, refines pores, fills out fine lines and wrinkles and does not dry out the skin. Vitamin E and a special mineral complex nourishes the skin. Suitable for any skin type, even sensitive. Free of fragrances, silicone, and parabens.






I absolutely adore the packaging of this, it seems like a luxurious product. It came in a pump packaging. The lightweight gel formula makes the skin smooth the skin nicely and keeps the makeup in the place but the only downside of the base is the small amount of product for the amount you are paying. This works perfectly fine but sadly I have some budget-friendly base/ primers which works better.


ARTDECO MOST WANTED LIP PALETTE



The Most Wanted Lip Pallet entices with six different creamy lip colors ranging from classic to trendy to seductive to sweet. Be it femme fatale, trendy vamp or natural beauty –with the lip pallet you can match your lip color to whichever look you are after.
The palette has 6 shade in total. I am not a huge fan of pan lipsticks as they are more for professionals or people who use brush and as I am the lazy person I don’t reach them for often.

Heart: it is a pink-red with a little bit to warmth it.
Rose: it is more of a soft and glossy formula with the berry color with the little pink/ red shimmer into it.
Flirt: it is a lovely pink mlbb shade.
Smile: it is more of glossy side , sheer formula which is peachy and have a little bit shimmer to it.
Blush: it is my favorite mlbb color, which you can wear on daily basis.
Love: it is a darkest shade in this palette, it is darker cool tone berry shade.





I love the shades in this palette and the formulation isn’t bad and if you love lip palettes I am sure you will love this one. Sadly they don’t add any nude shade but hopefully, they will make one is future.

If I have or repurchase something form these in future I will for sure go for camouflage cream and matt lipsticks. You can find Artdeco Cosmetics in big marts and drugstores in Pakistan. Artdeco is also available online at Vegas.pk and cozmetica.pk

Instagram:@ammarahblog
Facebook: @ammarahblog
Pinterest: @ammarahblog




NOTE: This product may works differently on your skin as we all have different skin types and preferences. All opinions are my own and are unbiased.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.