Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review: Makeup Obsession Pakistan



 Makeup Obsession



I am a person who love makeup as much as skincare and I always went crazy whenever I see any new release especially cute packaging and innovative ideas always capture my eyes. The sister brand of Makeup Revolution , Makeup Obsession recently hits the Pakistan’s stores.
The makeup obsession is great for the people who love to customize their own palettes and I really love the customize palette they are super convenient and for your makeup all you need is a palette. Makeup obsessions have the eyeshadows, blushes, and contours, brow powders, setting powders, highlighters, strobing balms and lipsticks as well.
 Makeup Obsession

Makeup Revolution Pakistan contacted me about the new launch of their sister brand Makeup Obsession in Pakistan and wanted me to test it as well. I love Tambeauty so I have to say yes because I personally love the freedom system, it is the unique and accurate as you are not buying the whole palette for the 2-3 shades but actually customizing your favorite shades in a perfect kit form. They are sweet enough to ask me to choose the shades I would love to test. At first I was like let’s stick to the eyeshadows but then I was like let’s create something I would actually take with me when I am traveling. All the products I have chosen have a powder formulation, I personally do not like the palette having the cream and powder formulation together because it always get messy for me and I just can’t bear any powder or particles on my cream products. If you guys love cream formulation I will recommend you guys to buy the separate palette for it.


MAKEUP OBSESSION PALETTE MEDIUM BASIC WHITE OBSESSION


Makeup Obsession Palette 

Makeup Obsession Palette

The first thing I got from the Makeup obsession is the medium size basic white palette, which is study white plastic palette with the makeup obsession holographic logo at the corner. This palette can fit 6 pans inside. One has to simply pop up the single case packaging and press them into the place where they want it to be, All the product pans have the same size so they fits in easily. 
Get yours Here 


RATE: 8.5/10


Makeup Obsession 

Makeup Obsession Shades



MAKEUP OBSESSION BANANA POWDER C111


Makeup Obsession Banana Powder

It is my first banana powder but I was surprised that it is the very soft and smooth in texture, finely meld. I haven’t seen any fallout and it works perfectly and is not patchy at all. It is a quite neutral in color, not bright yellow at all and can be used all over the face also can be used as eyeshadow base. Get yours Here


RATE: 8.5/10


MAKEUP OBSESSION CONTOUR POWDER C105 DARK




Makeup Obsession Contour Powder Dark

The texture is pretty similar to the Banana powder it is buttery as well but not as much as banana powder. It quite pigmented. Over all it’s a beautiful contouring shade, it is more on the warm side which I personally don’t like but its works pretty nice. Both banana powder and contouring powder is not chalky at all. Get yours Here


RATE: 8.5/10


MAKEUP OBSESSION EYESHADOW E146 CINNAMON


Makeup Obsession Eyeshadow Cinnamon 

It is the most beautiful orange shade that I wanted the most from the entire collection, it is matte warm tone orange, not very pigment actually least pigmented of them all but I still love it and I already heard that it is actually the least pigmented in the entire collection but still decided to order because of the damn color. It looks beautiful as a transition color, it is buildable. Hope they will change the formula of this one soon. 
Get yours Here

RATE: 6.5/10


MAKEUP OBSESSION BLUSH B105 HONEY


Makeup Obsession Blush Honey

I saw some swatches of it online and orange is my favorite color so I can’t miss this one in my collection. Okay the both blushes are not that buttery more on a powdery and have fall out. The shade is beautiful peachy orange with tiny golden glitter in it. This is actually a pigmented blush but I personally don’t like my blushes with the glitter and I’m using it as an eyeshadow mostly and loving it because makeup is an art and art has no limits. I also do the same with my Elf Blush, same goes to the eyeshadows if you like the color simply use it as a blush but light handed as they are more pigmented. 
Get yours Here


RATE: 7.5/10


MAKEUP OBSESSION BLUSH B103 L’AMOUR


Makeup Obsession Blush Lamour

I don’t have anything like this in my collection and I think the neon pink blush actually compliments many skin colors. This one was again chalky, the color was no double looks so beautiful and is beautiful but whenever I swatch it with my fingers it seems to have a white under tone I know it sounds weird but it does have and also it is not very pigmented and ha a fallout as well. Not really impressed with this one. 
Get yours Here



RATE: 7/10


MAKEUP OBSESSION HIGHLIGHTER H112 LIGHTNING


Makeup Obsession Highlighter Lightning

This one got me, I wasn’t expecting to like it when I swatch it on my hand but the game totally changes when it comes to the face and with brush. It does not look bad on hand but I is so pigmented that I was shocked and I personally don’t like super blinding highlighters but when you use a brush it gives that beautiful glossy kind of finish which I love, this highlighter is a mixture of creamy white with a little gold touch to it, a very beautiful shade and a formula, it does feel like a pigment when you touch it and have a little bit of fall out but it’s nothing compare to the beauty it is actually. 
Get yours Here


RATE: 8.5/10



SWATCHES


Makeup Obsession swatches 

Makeup Obsession swatches

Makeup Obsession swatches




MAKEUP REVOLUTION LONDON PRECISION OVAL BRUSH (CHEEK)




Makeup Revolution Pro Precision Brush Oval Cheek 
Makeup Revolution Pro Precision Brush Oval Cheek

Lastly I got the Makeup Revolution precision cheek brush. Love the packaging, rose gold body looks luxurious is great in quality, I already have the exact same size brush from the local brand so when comparing them both the makeup revolution one have more flexible handle and the brush bristles are more soft and applies the cream products super easily and flawlessly. I mostly apply the contour and highlighter with it. Get yours Here


RATE: 9/10


Makeup Obsession Review
Overall I think the concept is great of customizing your own palettes but I do not like the way pans pop up easily. The quality of the products are good enough for the price, will definitely recommend the banana and contouring powder, the blushes are okay, about the eyeshadows I have to say that I’ve only tested one yet which I know was not very good in the terms of pigmentation but heard a lot about their other eyeshadows especially the metallic ones, hopefully will try few in future and will you guys know. Almost forgot the highlighter, highlighter is actually also one of my favorites and will definitely recommend.


Thanks for reading will see you beauties with the new post,loads of love 💝
Makeup Obsession collection is available at the tambeauty  &  Daraz.pk , beautybar.pk , Reforma.pk . For my other reviews on Tambeauty brands click here .

Clink on the banner below to head out to the Makeup Obsession Site.





NOTE: Maybe some of the products mentioned above are sent for PR purpose, but all the opinions are my own and are unbiased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.