Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Best Korean Shows To Watch When You Are Stressed Out


Best Korean Variety/Reality Shows 

Hope everyone is having a lovely week, it’s been a while since I entertainment on my blog and I really want to talk and share my favorite vanity shows, yes I do love Korean dramas but when I’m stressed which means most of the time I reach for Korean variety shows and it’s been more than 9 years now that they have become part of life. Everyone has different ways to relieve their stress mine is food, Korean variety shows, and sleep. Let’s get into my all-time favorite Korean variety shows but before that, I want to announce that I’m also working on my favorite Korean dramas but it’s getting hard honestly because I haven’t seen much of Kdramas in 2020.

NEW JOURNEY TO THE WEST



CAST: Kang Ho Dong, Lee Soo Geun, Eun Ji won (season 2-8), Kyuhyun (season 3-8), Song Mino (season 3-8), P.O (season 5-8), Ahn Jae Hyun (season 2-6) and Lee Seung gi (season 1)

WRITERS: Lee Woo Jung and Choi Jae young

DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS: Na Young Seok, Shin Hyo Jung (season 1-6), and Park Hyun Yong (season 7-8)



I’m starting with the New journey to the west 
(NJTTW) because seriously that has become my ultimate favorite show. From cast to editing everything is just perfect and hilarious. NJTTW falls under the Korean travel-reality show as they travel and play different games and missions to win the food and Dragon balls. Sadly this is the seasonal show which is something good and bad because you get the quality over the quantity but I will watch it even if it is a regular weekly show. NJTTW season 8 is currently airing and as always this time they have a new Korean traditional fairytale theme. Plus they do some other small projects on YouTube and also don’t miss the Kang’s Kitchen if you are a foodie especially and love NJTTW. I will highly recommend checking their youtube channel to get the gist of the show, I am telling you even the small clips of the program are so funny. NJTTW was first released as an internet show. Most of the seasons have 9-11 episodes excluding season 1.


KNOWING BROTHERS AKA MEN ON A MISSION  (KNOWING BROS)



CAST: Kang Ho dong, Seo Jang hoon, Lee Sang min, Kim Young chul, Lee Soo geun, Kim Hee chul and Min Kyung hoon

WRITERS: Jeong Yun hui, Yoo Ji hui, Hwang Seon Yeong, Choi Ji Yeong, Lee Ji Yeong, Jeon Min Hee, and Kim Yeo won.

DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS: Directors and PDs: Kim Soo ah, Jeong Seung il, Yun Yeo jun, Mun Min Jeong, Go Hye jin, Heo Seo mun, and Jo Seung Wook.



Knowing bros fall under the category of talk show/reality show. I still remember when this show is about to get canceled because of a low rating in the starting but they manage somehow and surplus the ratings they have set goal to. Knowing bros is based on the high school theme where new students ( guests) came to show their talents, play games, and do quizzes about themselves which cast have to guess. I’m not really good at explaining but it’s quite funny and entertaining.  250+ episodes of 
Knowing bros have already been aired, you can find the list of guests on the wiki and can watch your idol on Knowing brothers.



THE SIXTH SENSE




CAST: Yoo Jae suk, Oh Na ra, Jeon So min, Jessi, Mijoo. 

DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS: Jung Chul min



It is a pretty recent show as compared to all the others I have mentioned, the first season of the sixth sense has already ended with the episode 8th. This is something which I will describe as new, refreshing, and bold. It’s a girl show as they are dominating mostly while Yoo Jae Suk is suffering because of their carefree behavior which is actually hilarious to watch. The Sixth Sense is about members trying to find the fake place between the real ones and it is actually pretty hard as a staff has done a great job in making the fake one.


RUNNING MAN





CAST: Yoo Jae suk, Haha, Ji Seok Jin, Kim Jong Kook, Lee Kwang Soo, Song Ji Hyo, Jeon So Min and Yang Se Chan.

FORMER MEMBERS: Lizzy, Song Joong ki, and Gary.

DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS: Choi Bo Pil.



The reason I’m making this whole article is because of this show, throughout my bad days from the past 9 years this show always makes me laugh and relieve my stress. Even in my exams, I make sure to watch it and sometimes I think I wouldn’t be able to pass through those days if I have not come across this show. To me, it’s an addiction and a blessing at the same time. Running Man has been airing for the past 10 years and more than 500 episodes have been air until. I love the casting and I have watched some of my favorite episodes more than 5 times each. I think most of the idol has been on this show, it’s hard as it’s kind of athletic and they have to play all kinds of games. As a Running man fan, my favorite is the classic name tag game for sure. I truly love the cast and I really want to appreciate Ji Hyo Unni especially as she is the only female member from the starting and she did try her best with all the challenges. I, from the bottom of my heart, wish that this show never ends even though it was about to get canceled 3 years ago but thankfully we still have this amazing show.


INFINITE CHALLENGE





CAST: Yoo Jae Suk, Park Myeong Su, Jeong Jun Ha, Haha, Hwang Kwanghee, Jeong Hyeong Don & Noh Hong Chul.

DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS: Kim Tae ho, Park Chang Hoon, Cho Wook Hyung, Kang Sung Ah, Kim Gu San.



Even though this amazing show does not air now, this has to be one of the best Korean variety shows definitely. Infinite Challange has all the best comedians and they do certain projects and missions together which are hilarious and hard at the same time. I absolutely love their music festival projects which they did with some of the great artists like GD, Zion T, and IU, etc. I will highly recommend it again. It has 569 episodes in total.


HANGOUT WITH YOO/ HOW DO YOU PLAY?





CAST: Yoo Jae Suk

PRODUCER: Kim Tae ho


This Variety/ reality show that was started in order to find out what Yoo Jae suk would be doing during his days off while he explores new projects. I haven’t known much about this show until Yoo Jae Suk made a group with Lee Hyori and rain and tops the Korean charts but when they announced the girl group called refund sisters I have to watch it because of my favorite girls and I have to say I did not regret a single episode I watch of Refund sisters (episode 56-69) which includes the Lee Hyori, Hwasa, Jessi and Uhm Jung Hwa. I haven’t watched the Hangout with Yoo much but do check out the one I have mentioned. 

I really want to appreciate all the members of the shows and especially Staff members because just for one episode 100-200 staff members are working hard behind the camera as well.

I know I have left a lot of other great shows which include the I live alone, mom’s dairy, master in the house, 2 days and 1 night, and law of the jungle but as I don’t watch them regularly, I didn’t add them in this list but hopefully in my next Korean show article I will talk about them as well.   What’s your favorite K-show? And if I miss any amazing show do let me know.


You can find these 
shows on kshow123.net and fastdrama.org.


Instagram:@ammarahblog
Facebook: @ammarahblog
Pinterest: @ammarahblog






This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.