Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Review: Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++


Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ Review

Today I will be reviewing the new beauty trend that hit hard this summer in Korea and that are sun sticks, I know they have been around for a while but not many people or brands are into them before 2018. Many brands came with the new formulated and lightweight sunscreens which feels less waxy on the skin and are more comfortable. I don’t think there is the Famous Korean brand which hasn’t own their Sun Stick. Today I am reviewing the two of the newly released Sun sticks. There are some brands which you can always trust with your skin, for me its Innisfree so yes I have to try their Sun stick as well I heard always that It’s skin is underrated brand internationally so I am also going to be trying their sun stick.

Just in case you guys are curious, where you guys can get the Korean products at affordable prices and free shipping, I got mine from the Jolse . Sun stick sounds more convenient to me but again it’s hard to find the good one, they are portable so you can take and use them anywhere and they are more hygienic especially when reapplying but not ideal on the top of makeup though.

Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ 

Reviewing the Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ took me quite a while because my first impression was totally opposite to the review I end up writing now. My thoughts about these two sunscreens have changed dramatically.



Tip for shopping Online:
when trying to find the product or looking for the specific product, try to search at least with three to four different keywords like if I am looking for Sun stick, I will always search for sun stick, sun(space)stick, sun, and stick. The reason why I do this is sometimes the brands do not name their products exactly the way we are searching for and hence if you search in all different ways there will be fewer chances to miss out any product.


INNISFREE EXTREME UV PROTECTION STICK OUTDOOR SPF50+ PA++++ 


Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ Review

Starting with the Innisfree one it claims, Triple function UV screen provides a safer protection with brightening and anti-wrinkle care which is sweatproof and waterproof for the perfect for outdoor activities. Non-oily formula covers pores with a soft and matte finish. The size/weight is 19g.


INGREDIENTS


Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ Instructions


Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Homosalate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ozokerite, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Bisabolol, Octyldodecanol, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Tocopherol, Water, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Propanediol, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance.


Overall if you see the Innisfree extreme UV protection stick it has a nice ingredients list. It includes Centella asiatica extract which is my all-time favorite ingredient and also, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, and Portulaca Oleracea Extract. It contains Chai seed extracts as well which is rich in Omega 3 and fatty acids and helps with the skin irritation, acne, and dehydrated skin and not to forget one of the main ingredient Sunflower oil which keeps your skin healthy and safe from UV rays. Find more details on ingredients here.

MY THOUGHTS


My thoughts on Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ 

Starting with the packaging it came in a stick form with the dial at the bottom and an orange color see-through cap on the top. The stick itself is off-white in color and have a silky balmy texture. It has more of herbal-tropical scent to it which is mild and does not provide any white cast. The SPF 50+ PA++++ is a nice protection from UV rays as well. It provides the velvety finish to the skin and does not feel sticky or move around easily. It does feel lightweight but on the humid- hot days this does not go well with my skin. My skin always breaks out when I sweat in this sunscreen. It feels like it does clog my pores even though it does blur them a little bit and does not give any shiny finish but again it does not feel right on sweaty days especially.


Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++

Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++  

Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick 

Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ swatch

 It is an outdoor sunscreen which tends to be waterproof and sweatproof and yes! it is actually which is plus point but I don’t go outside much or into the pool but sadly it does not work for me. It works okay on the days when the weather is nice. The days when my skin is dry, this one does feel a little itchy on the skin which makes me question its moisturizing properties even more but again that could be only me. I love Innisfree products generally but this one does not stand out much to me even though it has nice ingredients in it. I haven’t seen much of brightening effect and I don’t have wrinkles yet so I am not sure. I will update when the weather gets colder here but for summer and humid days, this Innisfree extreme UV protection sun stick is no-no for me.



IT'S SKIN UV LAYER SUN STICK SPF50+ PA++++ CLEAR


 It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ Clear Review


This UV layer sun stick line has three different variations; Clear, cooling and mild. A little information about all of all these to find the best match for you.Clear: transparent, without the white cast and looks natural. Powerful UV Protection SPF50+ PA++++ helps in Skin Soothing, Skin Silky Finish and is Sweat-proof. The net weight of this product is 16g. (The one I am reviewing today)Cooling: cooling effect and also suitable for dry skin. (I also should have got this one…. Regretting now) 16gMild: 100 percent mineral sunscreen and does give the white cast. 19g ( A good skip)

*Due to the nature of the texture, it may be broken if you discharge too much. Use only to discharge 5mm.


INGREDIENTS



It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ Instructions 


Octinoxate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl salicylate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Avobenzone.

I am not sure if they mentioned all the ingredients but that is all I can find on the outer packaging. There is no information given on their official website or elsewhere. These are all the simple UV protection ingredients nothing fancy is found in the ingredients list of It’s skin UV layer clear sun stick. Find more details here ,on this sunscreen ingredients. 



MY THOUGHTS



My thoughts on It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ 

The packaging of It’s skin sun stick in clear and has a summery vibe to it and is more appealing to the eyes, I love blue and green in general so don’t judge me! It came with the extra lid protector to protect the product and to me honestly, it’s more hygienic packaging than the Innisfree extreme protection sun stick SPF 50+ PA++++ . The It’s skin UV layer sun stick in Clear is transparent yellow and has more of a soft balmy texture like the Vaseline which is transparent with no white cast but has a dewy finish to it. It does feel little oily and creates a film on the skin which I’m personally fine with but it is not ideal for summers especially for the oily skin type people but yeah one can use a matte powder to change the finish ( I do that) It has a balmy finish which makes it little sticky and if you don’t have skin texture or pore problem and want that glowy look without the white cast this one is actually pretty good. It does move if you touch right after applying, it takes 15 minutes to set at least. 

It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ Swatch

I have pores and textured skin but I am enjoying it so far and I actually prefer it on the days when I am going to do makeup as it works as a nice moisturizing base, does not cling on the skin or make your dry patches obvious and also it does not move the makeup around. It does not feel heavy or clog the pores which is why I am more into this sun-stick. It has the mild citrusy scent to it which and it does not make my skin irritated or cause me any acne so it is big yes to me. It also provide SPF 50+ PA++++ protection as as the Innisfree one. I am looking forward to using it more in winter but I don’t mind it now as well. 


Tip: Always apply 2 to 3 layers of the sun sticks on the face, neck including the other body parts.

 Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor SPF50+ PA++++ and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

Texture shot of Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor  and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

 Innisfree Extreme UV protection stick outdoor  and It’s Skin UV Layer Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ swatches Side to Side

I haven’t found the best sun stick yet especially for the summer but I will keep on hunting. Honestly I think sunscreen is more of a personal choice because I have seen people hating the sunscreen which are loved by millions of skincare lovers around the world and are known as one of the best so I hope that you find this review helpful to choose between these two sun-sticks both of the Sun sticks have different finishes and pro and cons but both of them do not have any white cast and provides the equal UV protection. If you are interested in buying them, both of them are available at Jolse.

Instagram:@ammarahblog
Facebook: @ammarahblog
Pinterest: @ammarahblog



NOTE: The products mentioned above may works differently on your skin as we all have different skin type and skin requirements. The product is provided for the review purpose but all opinions are my own and are unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.