Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Review : SKINFOOD Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation



Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation Review

Hi guys, today I will be reviewing the most requested product I recently hauled from Jolse and that foundation is none other than the New Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation. I know that i am suppose to upload this review in a week but my brother was in hospital so i was not able to upload it on time.This makeup collection came out recently after the successful launch of  skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence and this collection contains the pact, glow base and the foundation and I choose the foundation because I want to try more Korean foundation not the one which came in cushion or pact form but actually in a bottle form and the claims and the packaging of this Skinfood foundation sell it well to me.




I will try my best to cover all the aspects as the few reviews I have seen are so opposite to each other and its even confusing to me.

I have tested it for two weeks and here is my take on the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation.


SKINFOOD ROYAL HONEY PROPOLIS ESSENCE FOUNDATION




Starting with the company claims about this product.

• PRO-SHIELD™ fills the dry skin with rich moisture provided by ample fermented propolis.

• Smooth and creamy texture adheres naturally and covers the pores and troubles smoothly and brightly.

• Skin friendly low viscosity oil and silky blurring powder gift a smooth and gentle glow to the skin.

The power of deep moisturizing! Propolis provides a real moisturizing shine long lasting dewy skin. Propolis Essence Foundation Provides a natural, radiant skin expression that moisturizes the skin. It claims to give a radiant skin without drying out the skin. it gives a thin, natural, even toned skin which naturally covers the pores and wrinkles. Provides long lasting moisture effect. The propolis acts as a protective barrier to the skin and keeps the make-up moist as you have applied the propolis essence itself.


This foundation has three shades in total which is not a good number of shade range.The Shade in which Skinfood Propolis essence foundation is available are N13 Light Beige, N21 Natural Beige and lastly N23 Sand Beige and you get the 30ml of foundation. It contains SPF 20 PA+.


INGREDIENTS 




Titanium Dioxide, Propolis Extract (10%), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Royal Jelly Extract (60 mg), Honey (15 mg).

I was not able to find the whole list of ingredients and these are the ingredients only mention on the packaging box.


My skin type: I have sensitive, combination skin with the acne and pores problem and I also have scars and acne spot. (NC 25-30)


MY THOUGHTS




Starting with the packaging I really like the packaging, I haven’t seen such a beautiful and luxurious packaging form the road shop brands. It looks luxurious and it feels luxurious as the packaging is quite heavy. The Honey essence foundation by Skinfood came in a glass packaging with the pump which makes it more hygienic and user friendly. I choose the shade N23 Sand Beige which is the darkest shade available for the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation. The shade sand beige is quite different from the Korean N23 because I have never seen many foundation which have yellow undertone but this one has a yellow undertone to it which is personally is great for me as my face is red mostly so it just helps to even out it. The yellow undertone does not feel over whelming as after blending into the skin it looks pretty good and your skin feels brighter.

This foundation is pretty think and is a creamy in texture but does not feel heavy or clogged my pores. About the scent I have to agree that it is pretty strong at first but it smells so heavenly good just like honey and the scent does starting to fades away after you applying it. I personally do not mind the scent and I actually think it does starting to fade as you keep on using the product.

I would like to say if you have wrinkles or textured skin it is better to avoid this foundation as Skinfood Honey Propolis Essence Foundation does exaggerate the appearance of any kind of texture on your skin as it is dewy finish foundation it can make your acne scars and wrinkles obvious. If you have to use it, it’s better to use a pore refining primer before and it actually works but for the claim that this foundation covers the wrinkles are not so true. It does feel a little bit tacky and also transfer easily so yup a powder is must especially if you are using it in summers and plus it is waterproof, in case you guys are wondering.








It takes 1-2 minutes to settle into the skin and after that it looks like a second skin which is way better and healthy looking. This foundation seems like a moisturizer as It Contains 10% (PRO-SHIELD) of Fermented Ripening Propolis and when applied to the skin, does feel a little bit hydrating on the skin and feels more like it is protecting your skin and keeping the moisture into the skin. It lasts for 5-8 hours, depending on the environment, to make it last more than that it is better to set it with powder and using primer can also help. I have noticed that even after applying powder the finish looks pretty much dewy but it lasts longer.


According to the instructions it can be apply directly with hands or by Using puff but I personally like to apply it with brush first and after spreading it evenly on the face, I use puff and I think it works best if you are looking forward to get the little more coverage yet the same dewy finish. This foundation does not cause me any irritation or acne even though it is hot mess here especially these days…


SWATCHES


Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence Foundation has dewy finish



COVERAGE TEST


The coverage is light to medium of the Skinfood proplolis essence foundation.


TRANSFER TEST


It does transfer easily so setting it with the powder is a best way to avoid it.


APPLICATION WITH PUFF VS BRUSH


It does give a little bit more coverage with brush but the combination of brush and puff works the best.


Overall I like it, it’s a nice foundation which looks good on the skin and makes your skin moisturize, healthy and glowy but in the end it’s a matter of preference. By no means I hate this foundation and definitely I will be using it as it is the only foundation on which my mom complimented my skin otherwise she always say its too much. For the people with the dry skin or who enjoy glowy finish they will definitely like it.

You can get yours at Jolse.

I hope I have answered all of questions. Make sure to stick around for more reviews. 

Instagram:@ammarahblog
Facebook: @ammarahblog
Pinterest: @ammarahblog



NOTE: The product may works differently on your skin as we all have different skin type and skin requirements. The product is provided for the review purpose but all opinions are my own and are unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.