Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Review: Phykology Skincare



Hope everyone is doing well in quarantine, I am trying to work out these days as it’s something I need. Today I will be reviewing the Vegan KBeauty brand called phykology which I came discover last year.

PHYKOLOGY


 Phykology products focus more on the sensitive skin type which I what I have been waiting for and the key ingredient is Seaweed which helps in nourishing and soothing the skin. It is just not a simple seaweed but it a seaweed from Wando Island (S.Korea) and it’s a fermented Seaweed which makes it a more powerful ingredient. Phykology products are clean which means they do not contain any harmful ingredients or artificial scent or mineral oil.
This Wando seaweed is called Sporophylls, which contains the powerful polysaccharide, Fucoidan. Fucoidan helps to protect, heal, and moisturize smooth fine lines. I have been using their guardian cream and i love it as a night moisturizer but as I haven’t opened the toner yet I was not able to share this review sooner.


PHYKOLOGY BRIGHT TOMORROW MULTI-TASKING TONER



Containing more than 87% of bio-ferment marine plant extracts, Bright Tomorrow Multi-Tasking Toner instantly moisturizes your skin to support its elasticity and resistance. It will help restore the natural glow in your skin by gradually increasing your skin's natural strength.

OTHER INGREDIENTS


Undaria pinnatifida extract, propanediol, glycerin, niacinamide, raffinose, centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, adenosine, carbomer, tromethamine, 1,2-hexanediol, ethylhexylglycerin.

MY THOUGHTS



Starting with the toner, it has the most aesthetically pleasing packaging. It came in a glass-bottled which is matte white in color with the white plastic cap. You have to shake to get the product out. It contains 120ml of toner in total.
The toner itself is transparent and has a consistency similar to the isntree HA toner but this one is a little tacky as compare to the Isntree toner.
On application, it does not give a hydrating feeling but feels kind of an essence which helps more in moisturizing than the hydration but I love to layer this one as it leaves my skin more supple and glowy. This toner does not have any scent to it which is a plus point. This toner contains 87% of bio-fermented seaweed. It is recommended to use a cotton pad but I usually like to layer it so I use my hands. 




While using this I have noticed that it does help in soothing, hydrating, and moisturizing the skin at the same time. I have been loving this toner quite a lot even though the texture at first turns me off but it is great for AM routine in summer especially if you are on skin diet.


PHYKOLOGY, BRIGHT TOMORROW GUARDIAN CREAM




Powered by phytosteryl microsystem, Bright Tomorrow Guardian Cream strengthens and hydrates skin barrier from within. With the powerful combination of Phyto-squalane and ceramide NP, it enhances the skin's natural strength and helps the skin stay smoother and softer all day.

OTHER INGREDIENTS


Undaria pinnatifida extract, propanediol, dicaprylyl carbonate, phytosqualane, coco-caprylate/caprate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, cetyl alcohol, phytosteryl/behenyl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, algae extract, eclipta prostrata leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, ficus carica (fig) fruit extract, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium hyaluronate, behenyl alcohol, polyglyceryl-2 stearate, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, cetearyl alcohol, sodium stearoyl glutamate, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate se, acrylates/c10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, arginine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrogenated olive oil, unsaponifiables, cholesterol, xanthan gum, fructooligosaccharides, ceramide np, betaglucan, trisodium edta, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, 1,2-hexanediol, ethylhexylglycerin.  

MY THOUGHTS


This cream came in a tube form with same white and minimal theme packaging. You get the 50ml of product.
2019 was a year i got into the barrier creams especially and this is one of the creams which makes me fall in love with them. I really like how it moisturize and protects my skin. I reminds me quite of dr jart ceramidin cream but i like this one even better.



It has a texture which is gel like balm but a little richer i would say, it does not have any scent to it. I think people will the dry and sensitive skin will definitely love this cream.


PHYKOLOGY BRIGHT TOMORROW RENEWING MASK PACK



This is an All-In-One Premium Mask pack with the Premium Marine Plants Fiber Sheet with Powerful Marine Extracts which are Bio-Ferment Processed.
Skin Renewing Mask Pack is the ultimate solution for your dull and tired skin. The marine plants fibers sheet is a perfect base to convey marine complex serum. When meets with our serum, the sheet will jellify and absorbs all the energy of our serum to be delivered directly to your skin. Each marine fiber sheet is infused with the amount of a whole ampoule of bio-ferment blend of marine complex serum.

OTHER INGREDIENTS


Undaria pinnatifida extract, glycerin, niacinamide, dipropylene glycol, panthenol, carbomer, polyglyceryl-10 laurate tromethamine, caffeine, adenosine, xanthan gum, disodium edta, 1,2-hexanediol, ethylhexylglycerin.

MY THOUGHTS


It came is simple packaging and if you get the box, it contains 5 masks in total. Each mask contains 23g of the essence. I really like the sheet mask as well as it contains 89% of Seaweed extracts.
The essence itself is not that vicious as the toner which is great as every skin type can use it, it does not have any particular scent to it and the sheet adheres.


to the skin really well. There is a lot of essence in the mask which I used on my arms and body. I really like this essence because it really absorbs easily into the skin without creating any film. It really leaves the skin well hydrated, bright and moisturized.


Overall I really like everything I have tried from their line but I especially like the masks because I wasn't much in the starting.

You can get the Phykology products from their offical website as well from iherb .

Instagram:@ammarahblog
Facebook: @ammarahblog
Pinterest: @ammarahblog




NOTE: This product may works differently on your skin as we all have different skin types and preferences. All opinions are my own and are unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have any questions or requests, do let me know.